- Favourable tax system for Monaco Citizens
- Stay in Safe environment
- Exceptional area with Nice International airport 30 minutes by car/10 minutes by helicopter
- Mediterranean Climate
- International environment
- Company friendly
- English commonly spoken
- The Cote d'Azur and Italy on the doorstep
Ways to apply for Monaco Residency
To acquire Monaco Residency there are certain requirements for each applicant to satisfy. The requirements for applying for residency in Monaco are as follows:
- Establish a bank account in Monaco
- Each candidate (or couple) will have to deposit adequate funds for the bank to then provide the required bank attestation (letter) to confirm that the account holder(s) has adequate funds to support themselves whilst residing in Monaco.( unless the candidate for residency has a valid work agreement provided by a local Monaco business). The banks have varying requirements for this ranging from EUR 100,000-EUR 1 million per candidate (adult).
Moving to Monaco or any other country can seem like a daunting task - as a fully independent and highly dedicated relocation provider Relocation Monaco can provide you with a seamless service if you are thinking of relocating to Monaco. Taki a look at their website for more information regarding 'Residency in Monaco' as well as much more information relating to movining to Monaco.
Rent or purchase a property in Monaco
If leasing the lease has to be for a minimum of Twelve Month and have sufficient bedrooms to accommodate the variety of persons using. For example, in order for this to qualify for Monaco residency, a couple should rent a one bedroom home a minimum of and for a family of 4 a minimum if two bed rooms. This lease is usually automatically at the end of each lease period.
Each applicant needs to offer a police certificate stating that each adult candidate does not hold a criminal record in the country where they have actually resided during the previous 5 years. In Monaco an adult is any one over the age of sixteen years of age for this purpose. This certificate ought to not be more than 3 months old at the time of application for the residency.
In addition, the following documents should be sent for each candidate when getting Monaco residency.
- Legitimate passport
- Birth certificate
- Marital relationship certificate(s)
- Any previous divorce certificate (or death certificate if the applicant has a spouse who is deceased.)
- The Police certificate as above
- The registered lease for the Monaco apartment or condo
- The brand-new electrical energy contract for the Monaco apartment or condo
- The official Monaco residency application forms finished and duly signed
- Health report for candidates of 70 years and over
To finish the Monaco residency procedure, an main residency interview will be organized during which all the required documents are sent. Following this the Monaco residency application will be processed and licensed. This will take around 8 weeks for EU passport holders and sixteen - twenty weeks for non EU passport holders as they have to first obtain a special Visa from the French Embassy in their country of residence which once accepted and issued ( approximately sixteen weeks) will certainly then permit the applicant to complete the Monaco formalities within three-four weeks, when the residency card will be issued also referred to as the Carte de Sejour).
The requirements for obtaining Monaco residency are reasonably straightforward and as long as the candidate can provide all the required documents, then there is no general reason that the candidate must not be provided Monaco Residency and receive theirs Monaco resident's card.
The very first Monaco residency card will be provided for a period of twelve months after which this card must be renewed. The card is called a Monaco carte de resident temporaire and is renewed each year for the first 3 years. In then fourth year of constant Monaco residency the holder then will be issued with a 3 year card, referred to as the Monaco Carte de resident ordinaire. These cards stand for 3 years and must be renewed at expiry. In year ten, the holder of a Monaco residency may apply for a carte Privilege which is provided at the discretion of the Monaco authorities. This is not instantly granted and if not granted the applicant will certainly remain to get the 3 year Monaco resident's card.
The expense of getting residency in Monaco truly lies in the expense of leasing an apartment added to the general expense of living in Monaco. Unlike other countries providing residency programs, making an application for residency in Monaco does not require the candidate to "invest" a specified amount of cash in Monaco nor is it mandatory to purchase a property as a leasing is sufficient.
It is a very favourable place to become a resident and enjoy the many advantages which becoming a local of Monaco affords.